Client Highlight: OraSure Technologies Leverages Event Marketing and Local Celebrity to Contribute to the Success of National HIV Testing Day 2011
The 17th annual National HIV Testing Day took place on June 27th, promoting the benefits of HIV testing and prevention to millions of Americans at risk for HIV.OraSure Technologies, the industry leader in rapid HIV tests, once again played a huge part in marking the importance of the day.
More than 1.1 million people are affected by HIV; however, over 200,000 of these people are unaware that they have it. Zer0 to 5ive coordinated with OraSure Technologies and others on a series of events that put the spotlight on the company and National HIV Testing Day, including:
- Opening the NASDAQ Stock Exchange with the National Association of People with AIDS (NAPWA) and others.
- Hosting a panel of experts that discussed and shared their best practices for successfully integrating routine rapid HIV testing in a variety of clinical and non-clinical settings.
- Coordinating with The Community Healthcare Network (CHN) to offer free, rapid HIV testing with OraQuick ADVANCE® from its mobile HIV testing van in Times Square.
- Coordinating with Walgreens to provide free screenings for HIV at select retail pharmacies in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, New Orleans, Oakland and San Francisco.
- Working with local mayors and celebrities, including Vinny from The Jersey Shore, for key photo opportunities and to generate interest in the cause and the company.
Along with many of its partners, OraSure Technologies utilized a major national day of recognition in order to foster community awareness of HIV, as well as maximize media coverage of the company and its innovative HIV tests.
Zer0 to 5ive Strategist